QA intern at Twitter Counter
Interested in having a major impact on a product and team? Want to launch you career in QA - both manual and automated? Read on..
The role of QA in our team greatly impacts many of the things we do: the quality of our service (finding bugs), improving the speed of our development (pin-pointing the causes for the bugs and giving developers the confidence to run faster towards solving them) and improving the service our customers receive (by properly prioritising user and customer issues).
The role includes ownership over the product team’s QA processes, writing and running manual tests on features - both launched and in dev, hunting down bugs and owning the prioritisation and documentation of all bugs in the system and leading our QA automation project. A UI/UX -sensitive person will be material in maintaining the quality or our product.
This position will include interfacing on a daily basis with all developers, with customer support, with product owner and design. It’s meant for the kind of people who like to have an impact, are very self-disciplined, self-propelling and thrive in a small, high-paced team and in a high-expectation environment.
The minimum capacity for this role is 80% - for students only. Internship is paid. Traineeship (for graduates) pays more.
What we offer
- An opportunity to join us in this accelerated growth period as one of the core members.
- Having a significant impact on what we do. Your efforts, discoveries, opinion and input would really matter!
- A small, international and FUN team. To us, it’s more than just a work place...
- Working in the heart of Amsterdam, the hottest shared working space in town together with The Next Web and other cool internet startups.
- Lunch, drinks, snacks etc
- We focus on performance, so you would be able to occasionally work remotely or at flexible hours.
- You are or were studying in the field of Computer Science or another related field.
- You are focused on a career in QA.
- Great eye for detail, you've marked the spelling mistake in this job description already.
- You are responsible and trustworthy. We could count on you as our last line of defense in our war against poor user experience.
- You are thorough. You can execute to great detail, and do it fast so you cover a lot of ground and cover it well within a reasonable time. Did we mention that you need to be thorough? You need to be thorough.
- Communication is one of your strong points. It’s easy for you to describe issues in simple, clear language - both verbally and in writing.
- You enjoy solving unclear situations using logical investigative analysis and can put together a report full of recommendations without too much hassle.
You live in or near Amsterdam.
- You are comfortable speaking English throughout the day.
Bonus: You are familiar with different testing methods, like unit testing, smoke-screen testing, performance testing and stress testing, and are decently capable of implementing these tests.
Bonus: Familiarity with testing tools such as Selenium.